Sunday, January 27, 2008

My weekend

OK - I usually don't write about the what I did - at least not very extensively. And usually it has to be somewhat extraordinary. Or sometimes I chronicle an event that has taught me a moral or life lesson. (Of course you can look over my blogging history and see I haven't real deep history in any of the aforementioned).

But - I do find it interesting when my blogging buddies post updates so here's mine from this last weekend.

I was supposed to go winter camping this weekend. Yeah a Polar Bear. I have done this in the past with my brother and brother-in-law in particular and we have some great trips in the past twenty years. But this year when it came time to go - I just couldn't do it. I just couldn't get motivated to get ready. I did go on an overnighter with Andrew and his buddies on the first part of January and I think that fixed me up for winter camping this year.

This weather this weekend would have been perfect for a winter camping trip around here. So I kept doing the would-a could-a should-a thing in my mind.

I don't like when I do that.

What I did instead of winter camping (see! I can't stop doing it) this weekend:

  • Read a lot of the new Ken Follet novel "World Without End" that Eric got me for Christmas.
  • Figured out some cool stuff I could do on my Blackberry after I installed a microSD card on it. I downloaded some cool podcasts and pictures and a video.
  • Spent some time marveling how small they can make memory now! It's incredible!
  • Packaged up my Sony CyberShot camera to send in for repair. Hopefully - it's still under warranty. Well, it is still under warranty but I'm not sure if it's warranteed against child abuse.
  • Worked at the Inn on Friday.
  • Worked at the Inn on Saturday for four hours.
  • Went out with our good friends Jay and Rita for our first annual Tie1On Christmas party. (I know tie one on sounds like what we did but it's the name of Rita and Brenda's custom sewing business - They graciously treated their husbands to a great meal at the Iron Bridge Inn. I had Kentucky Bourbon Prime Rib - it was awesome.
  • Went to New Hope on Sunday - listened to Paul preach a good message on John 14.
  • Read some more Ken Follet.
  • Read a little more about home brewing.
  • Spent a lot of time researching "intentional communities" and co-housing projects - this idea is really fascinating to me.
I think I did some other stuff too but now I got to finish out the weekend by getting Christian to youth group, hanging out with Steve and Vicki and John and Michele and then going to Eric's soccer game.

6 comments:

Chel said...

Hanging out with you, Brenda, Vic, Steve and John was one of the best parts of my weekend, we really needed about two more hours... it never fails , when the conversation really gets going, our time is up!!
I like hearing what people do, you should tell us more often!
Chel

Kimmy said...

Sounds like a pretty great weekend!

And, bonus points for remembering to add what you ate to the post;-) We all love to write about food around here.

Andrew said...

thanks for the update. I enjoyed reading about your weekend.

Sam said...

Thanks for the update. I wish more people told us about their weekends and weekdays and everything in between. Wait, never mind.

And Chel, if you lived together, there wouldn't be any going home when the convo got good. Just a thought.

So Dave, wanna live with us? ;-)

Kyle said...

sounds like a pretty awesome weekend that couldn't have happened if you went camping. Glad you had a great weekend.

Chel said...

Good advice Sam!!
Community, community, community...