Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Tell me more...


I'm learning something here. I mean right here - through this blog page.

I was hesitant to write about my mundane weekend thinking no one would be interested and yet it generated 6 comments. Plus several people that commented personally in normal day to day contact so my "feedback" on that post was the most I've had so far. Not that I live for the feedback - but I like it - I like that "connected" feeling.

Now here's what I'm learning but I got to be a little more transparent to make my point. I always thought my "philosophiocal" stuff was a little more interesting, more substantial, more "earth moving", more revelational than my sharing about my weekend. But maybe people connect more with stories than with ideologies or philosophies. Hmmm...

Maybe I need to change the title of my page (and the focus) - I really don't like the it anyway. Who wants to here someone "raving" anyway.

Any suggestions? For a name I mean.

4 comments:

Kyle said...

i like your raves... i mean it could be worse... it could be live "daves drones" or "the crap that dave somes up with"

you could always just call it "Dave's space" but then myspace might sue you for rights...

or "confessions" might be a good name, but then someone might think you're goign to confess to murder.

personally, i think you should just call it "DAVE!!" because that's what it is... simply Dave.

Sam said...

Keep the raves. IMO.

But to be a little blunt, you don't have a lot of data to be throwing out statistics and ratios. You've posted what, like 15 times? And you're basing your ratios of comments to posts on that? I think you should reserve statistical bias decisions only when you reach a higher number and a more active other-blog commenting. That's where the rubber hits the road. Get other people to know you by reading and commenting on their blogs, write more, and then decide. Again, IMO.

Elizabeth said...

Dave,
This is Beth, Deb Ritchie's sister. I have been reading your blog for awhile now and really enjoy it (when you actually post that is). :0)

I like your title and think you should keep it. It suits you. Keep up posting because I think it's safe to say we all love when you do!

Beth

Andrew said...

The raves are ok.....but I would rather hear the funny stories or what is going on. I guess it is because I live 14 hours away, but I 'personally' like reading the stories and updates better. Don;t change the name and still post those thoughts in your membrane, but give us some updates too.