Monday, January 29, 2007

Did I just bless somebody, or what?!


I was picking up some things this evening at WalMart for a fajita feast tomorrow night and thinking how good a Corona would taste with those fajitas! So I loaded a 12 pack of long necks on my cart. Just now (at about 10 pm ) I started thinking about that Corona again and then I suddenly remembered I never brought that in from the van. Then I suddenly remembered, hey, I bet I never took that case off the bottom of the cart when I loaded up my van in the parking lot. A quick hopeful look, just now, in the back of the van confirmed my (suddenly working) memory.


So I called Walmart Customer Service and was sorry that that no one had "turned in" any Corona Extra from the parking lot. Also, sorry, but they had cleared the parking lot and said I probably didn't need to call back, sorry, for your loss.


Just curious, what would you have done if you saw my beer in the parking lot on the bottom of a shopping cart?

> Say "Thank you God" it's even cold!

> Make the long trek in the cold to the Customer Service area (and wait in line) to turn it in?

> Look at it and say, "they'll be back for it" - I better just leave it there.

> Think I don't drink that stuff and neither should you.


I have to honestly say I probably would have picked it up and received it as a gift.


I did this once before with a gallon of milk only I didn't feel as bad then as I do now. I guess since I would have received it as a gift - I'll just head off to bed now feeling like I blessed someone.



5 comments:

Sam said...

If only I'd been at Wal-Mart that night! I would have definitely felt blessed by free beer!!!

lyndsay said...

ohhh! you forgetful guy you! At least you took it as a good thing (as you were blessing someone). I think i'm still too young to answer this because my first thoughts were; i would laugh to myself and say aww that poor person just spent.....and then i had to stop because i don't know how much beer costs and i just got side tracked for like 20 minutes trying to figure out how much i think it is...haha

Chel said...

Dave, DAve, Dave... quickly you forget! I guess I won't mention the pool overflowing...whoops I already did. I don't really like beer and I can be a bit lazy at times, so I would've said "Sorry soul maybe they will be back for it " and then I would've gone home and told John and he would say" go back and see if it is still there!"

Kyle said...

DAVE!!!!

Kimmy said...

Hi Dave!

I know exactly what I would do, because I've done it before (not with beer, I don't remember what it was)

I'd make the long trek back in to customer service and turn it in, pat myself on the back, and then kick myself for not keeping it;-)