Monday, September 1, 2008

How sweet it is...


Hope you all had a great Labor Day weekend. I managed to avoid laboring at home as we took a quick trip to Lakeside - "the Chautauqua on Lake Erie". My mom has a cottage up there and while we are always welcome to come it seems like we don't get a chance to do that much. In 24 hours I did all kinds of memorable stuff:
  • Rode with Christian on the old tandem to Marblehead (right "next door" to Lakeside) to see the lighthouse.
  • Sat on the rocks at Marblehead and watched the roller coasters on Cedar Point climb their frames.
  • Played shuffleboard on the world-class courts at Lakeside.
  • Remained victorious over my boys in the shuffleboard.
  • Played mini-golf on the course only about 50 feet from Lake Erie at Lakeside. The weather was perfect, the scene picturesque - I was with my boys - I can't say how "perfect" it felt.
  • Remained respectable at mini-golf. (I parred the course -even got a hole-in-one -but lost by one stroke to my youngest son).
  • Took lots of walks - several with my mother.
  • Watch Christian juggle Lake Erie rocks as the waves rolled in.
  • Ate good food outside. (I love eating outside).
  • Ate Patio donuts. If you've never had a Patio donut (from the Patio Restaurant in Lakeside) you would be missing out - they are only served warm - right after they're made - their cake doughnuts beat Krispie Cremes! I'm sure it's the grease but they sure are good.
  • Got to see fireworks over the Lake - they have a ceremony to close out the season at Lakeside - my brother-in-law Chip played at this closing, as well. It's always fun to watch him do his music!
It was a relaxing 24 hours and I return home thankful and blessed.

7 comments:

Chel said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend- What a blessing to spend so much quality time with the family.

Paul Dazet said...

great post - awesome to see that you had an awesome weekend with your family.

Love you bro!

Paul

Birdie said...

Very nice....I'm glad you had a great time and I hope you are feeling better than you did when I talked to you last week.

Sam said...

Great memories. Thanks for sharing your 24 hours with us.

Especially liked the mental picture of you and your Mom walking (and no doubt talking). I envy anyone who can walk and talk at length with either you or your Mom.

Dave said...

My poor mom --- when we walk --- I talk, she listens.

dave common said...

me dave the rave no1raver northeast legend rave heaven jesus rave

dave common said...

rave heaven i am a raver all the time i love my music i sing to god blessed the hardcore rave i go to city life church in sunderland hold tight dave the rave hit title rave on the rapture no1dancing me dave the rave northeast no1raver from sunderland and pennywell god is no1 in my life prayer of the midle east it is all over the world thank you lord jesus